segunda-feira, 30 de novembro de 2015

Free Market

I have been to this places many times but never have I carried my camera with me. Last Sunday, however, I decided to take my camera with me for some shots. It is funny how people are not used to seeing other taking photos in that free market. One of the locals even asked me why I was taking some pictures! He was not rude maybe he was just curious.

The first thing I saw was roosters being sold. I had never seen roosters being sold there. Maybe I should take a better look.

The vaierity of things in the free maket is extraordinaire and it would have taken me the whole day to photograph everything I wanted had I had more time.

Some fresh garlic.

Lettuce. I love them.

These shells are used to clean the internal organs.

To be honest.... I have no idea what that is... It looks like some small onions but I am sure they are not onions.

Some homemade peppers. They are as strong as hell. To drops of it and you be begging for some cold drink I swear!

Some dog food. They are normally much cheaper than the ones found in petshops.

I didn't spend a long time over there as I felt a bit of an outsider having all those people looking at me. It was a awkward moment to be honest. I wish I could spend a lot more time, taking names and notes about those who have spent their whole lives working there. People were very friendly at least the one I knew but other were very uncomfortable so I decided to stop photographing.

 

3 comentários:

  1. I have struggled with my street photography also. Many are very agreeable to be photographed when asked. Those who are not are openly clear about it...I don't have to ask. I prefer taking more ambiance shots than portraiture for that reason.

    ResponderExcluir
  2. People where I live do not like their photo being taken, if, they can see me doing it...which is usually the case..
    Shells to clean internal organs! How is this?
    You have lovely photos...and thanks for your comment.

    ResponderExcluir
  3. Schönes Angebot auf dem Markt.

    Gruß
    Noke

    ResponderExcluir